Friday 27 September 2013

Final Reflections

Overall the course, and the final project particularly proved more challenging than I expected.  I didn't realise at the beginning exactly how hard it would be to motivate myself to get going, nor how hard it would be to set time aside for myself.  before starting the course  I believed that I was home all day with my kids doing nothing and I had heaps of time to myself, I see now that that was incredibly naive, all the little things I do, the hoovering and the washing and the reading and the playing and the teaching and the endless, endless cooking actually add up to quite a big thing and I am quite short on time because of it.
Aside from the actual logistics of just getting things done I have found the whole course thoroughly enjoyable, maybe apart from the design section, the practical work has been a wonderful experience and an excellent way of getting back into using creative processes every day.  I have found it hard keeping the learning log and being honest a good deal of this was typed well after the fact.  During the first two assignments I kept a logbook written by hand and filled with stuck in images an paraphernalia and I was much  happier with this way of recording my learning processes, but after my tutor told me I should think about the presentation of it my head interpreted that to mean that my way was wrong and I should keep a digital log like everyone else.  This would be the one thing that I would go back and change, I would have stuck to my guns and worked in a way that suited me better.
I think I have got a lot out of this course and I really can't wait to begin the next one, which hopefully I can complete at much greater speed!

No comments:

Post a Comment