Monday 20 February 2012

Project 3 Colour - Stage 3, Exercise 4

 I found it next to impossible to record the colours that I was seeing without actually painting the objects so I decided to just go ahead and do it.  Although it's not terribly obvious in the photo, there were actually huge differences in the colours I used when the carrot and pear, felt ones by the way, were on different back grounds.  I feel like I should've known it already, but having avoided painting in this way for a long time it had slipped past me, that using a blue background makes the shadows and reflections have a blue hue, well duh! Seems obvious now.
 I think probably that I should've painted the same view of the carrot and pear from the same angle on the different backgrounds to make the colour differences more obvious. 
I haven't painted in this way in a very long time and never with acrylic before and I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I actually enjoyed it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment