Tuesday 14 February 2012

Project 2 Developing Your Marks - Stage 3, A Sample


I think this photo has appeared several times around here now, 
I really, really, really, really love the colours of it.  I made this quick crayon sketch based on it.
I found it hugely helpful to have all my stuff sorted into bags of colours, generally when I want to create something I know that the perfect colour of thread/paint/paper/bead is definitely in the house but it's not to hand and by the time I find it the moment to create has passed and I have to make someones tea or wipe someones bottom instead.  Organisation is a skill I really need to try a bit harder to excel at.

This is my sample -


This is not nearly so bluish in real life, far more a foresty green.  It's a base layer of dark green quilting cotton with a layer of a hand dyed  green scrim attached by a sort of a big seed stitch to try and represent the blades of grass.  The leaves were made from random leafy shapes in different shades of red sheer stitched down with back stitch to echo the outlines of the leaves.

I was very satisfied with this attempt, it made me ridiculously happy to have a finished piece in my hand and I think that my stitch choices were good ones for the work.

2 comments:

  1. Really beautiful I love the original image and I think your stitched piece is FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I'm so pleased that you like it:)

    ReplyDelete