Sunday 19 February 2012

Project 3 Colour - Stage 3, Exercise 2


In retrospect, choosing a fabric with a billion colours on it for a colour matching exercise wasn't the best idea.  On the top row the paint to the left is just normal half pan watercolours and to the right it's acrylic, of the two I think I achieved better results with the watercolour but I wasn't entirely happy with either attempt which is why I went on to make another one underneath made up of, watercolour inks on the left and gouache on the right, I think the gouache is a more accurate match for the bright colours of the fabric, and it would've turned out better if I'd been patient enought to let it dry between stripes! The watercolour inks gave a much more subtle result but it's the one I like the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment