Monday 13 February 2012

Project 1 Making Marks - Stage 3, Exercise 1, Part 2

 I though that this was a Banyan tree, but I think I might be wrong about that and me being me I've cut off the bit of blurb that told me exactly what it was.  Kiddlies are quite insistent that it's a baby belly.

I just loved the texture of the wrinkly bark.
 This one was layers of wax crayon and oil pastel, covered with dark ink and then scraped into.  I think it captures the trunks textures quite well, although the colours are all wrong.
 This was thick heavy layers of goauche, combed through with a home made cardboard comb very quickly.
Stripes made with different shades of Copic Markers.

I also made studies with metallic coloured pencils and with using an eraser in graphite to pick out the streaks, but I don't seem to have photographed them.

I enjoyed the first picture I chose for this exercise much more than this one and I suspect that is down to the lack of bright colours in this one.  I think that colour is quite important to my enjoyment of lots of different things and although I loved the texture of this tree I just couldn't get fired up about creating samples based on it.  I must remember this in future!

No comments:

Post a Comment