Tuesday 15 November 2011

Project 1 Making Marks : Stage 2 - Exercise 4 Fishing


I'm not even sure that this fits in here, but I decided somewhere along the way that I would rather make patterns than random marks while I was experimenting. And then my tiny boy wanted to look through this book about fish and get me to tell him the names of all the fishes and  they were so bright and interesting that I decided I would use their patterns.  
I used combing, pricking, bleaching, wet on wet, pastels, acrylics, wax resist and even some pearlex powder to add a bit of shimmer!

watercolour ink, oil pastel and pricking

wet on wet watercolour

crayon, oil pastel, watercolour ink and scraping

wet on wet watercolour ink on brown envelope
this is meant to look like a Tomato Grouper :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, love the pricking and wet water colour - your marks are so much more interesting than my attempt!

    ReplyDelete