Sunday 13 November 2011

Project 1 Making Marks: Stage 2 - Exercise 1

fast, delicate, smooth
sharp, happy, sad
hard, sharp, bumpy,
sensuous, slow, soft
hard, fast, sensuous
delicate, happy, slow


I was really excited to get started on this exercise.  I felt like I spent so long thinking about doing this course, to finally start doing it was quite monumental for me.

Although I do quite a bit of drawing, it's a long time since I went back to basics  and I probably should have done more often over the years.  It was very restorative to just sit and play with my pencils for a bit  without any expectations or exact plans on my part, and  it really helped to restore my faith in a medium that I was feeling a bit jaded with.  I enjoyed the linking of words to patterns and actually found it quite therapeutic

No comments:

Post a Comment