Thursday 8 March 2012

Project 4 Developing Design Ideas - Stage 2, Exercise 2

In combining all aspects of the previous three drawings I decided to also combine all three techniques, so I collaged more sugar paper cut outs, this time I painted them with watercolour to get a more accurate representation of the colours and then I used a black fibre tip to draw in the texture of the stitches.  I found it really difficult trying to think about which element of the image was the most appealing to me, and I'm really unsure about whether I have 'emphasised my point of view'. I'm really pleased with the finished piece but is it my own 'personal response'.  I mostly just see an image, think 'yes I like it' or 'no I don't' , I seldom think much deeper than that, maybe that is a failing.  I like the texture of the cloth, and I like the colours in it, and I like the shapes.  Hmmm, I need to do some more thinking about this, about why I like what I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment