Wednesday 25 April 2012

Project 5













Well this is my work from Project 5, in the wrong order, upside down, backwards and I can't remember which thing was for which stage.  I'm on holiday, and away from home and not using much brain power, so that's my excuse!
The snake at the top is my final piece of the project.  I intended it to be printed as one piece but disaster after disaster lead to him being cut out of his original setting and bondawebbed on to a new background.  
I have enjoyed this section far more than I thought that I would, but my preference definitely lies with techniques like sun-printing, using resists to create pattern and looser more painterly techniques, where I can use the fabric paint in a watercolour like manner.  Straight printing and creating repeat patterns leaves me a little cold to be honest and I think it's just not for me, but I did enjoy trying it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment